Trevose firefighter takes dangerous fall battling house fire

A firefighter was injured following a fire in Feasterville-Trevose.

"When I had that call from the hospital that he's there and what happened my heart start beating fast," said Alla Prist. She's relieved to see her son back at work tonight after a dangerous fall put him in the hospital early this morning. He didn't want to talk on camera but his mother says she's glad he's alive.

"I'm a believer and I'm thankful to God that he heard my prayer," she said. Her son Tim Pristatskiy is a firefighter with Trevose Fire Company in Bucks County. He responded to this house fire in Lower Southampton around 2:45 Monday morning. Chief Ed Frydlewicz says Pristatskiy went in to look for victims and the floor gave way.

"He went up the stairs, made a turn, went in one room, the floor gave way and he fell through," said the Chief. That second emergency call shook the department.

"When you hear a firefighter down you don't know what it is and your heart stops and everybody rushes to get that firefighter back to safety and we're lucky. We're extremely lucky," he said. Lucky because Feasterville firefighters got there the same time the 20-year old firefighter went down.

"Luckily firefighters from the Feasterville Fire Company were coming in the back door and he fell right in front of them so they extricated him immediately," said Chief Frydlewicz. Pristatskiy has been with Trevose Fire Company for four years. He's also a volunteer with Feasterville and North Hampton Fire Companies. He works with the Bucks County Hazmat Team, Tri-Hampton Rescue Squad and he's a full-time EMT with Upper Bucks Regional Emergency Medical Services. His mom is relieved to know he works with people who treat him like family in such a dangerous job.

"I want to say thank you very much from the bottom of my heart to the people who saved him. The Feasterville Fire Department those guys to me are heroes," said Prist.

Pristatskiy is lucky he didn't suffer any injuries as a result of the fall.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation.