PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police are investigating a drive-by shooting that left a woman sitting on the steps of a home dead in Kensington.
It happened on the 1800 block of East Tusculum Street Wednesday around 5 p.m.
According to police, the 47-year-old woman was shot once in the head. She was taken to Temple University Hospital where she died shortly before 5:30 p.m.
Police say two men and a woman were apprehended and one gun was recovered.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
MORE PHILADELPHIA HEADLINES
- 5 killed, several injured since Tuesday night in Philadelphia
- Fight over drugs leads to shooting, man critical in Point Breeze
- Woman pulls gun on Philadelphia Chipotle employee when told store is closing, police say
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Nicetown, police say
- Man shot to death, woman hit by stray bullet in shooting in South Philadelphia
Editor's Note: This story has been corrected to reflect the shooting happened outside the home.