PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police are investigating a double shooting in Nicetown that left one man dead Thursday morning.
The shooting occurred around 12:15 a.m. on the 1900 block of West Hunting Park Avenue.
Officers responded to reports of a shooting and found two shooting victims.
A 33-year-old man was taken to the hospital by responding medics with multiple gunshot wounds to the head. He was pronounced dead a short time later. He was later identified by police as as Troy Berry.
- Delaware County mother of 2 killed in Strawberry Mansion triple shooting
- Girl, 13, shot in back in North Philadelphia while sitting in traffic with father, police say
- Officer on administrative duty after video shows him slamming man's head during arrest
- Delaware Gov. Carney announces mandatory vaccine or testing for educators, staff
- More staff added at Upper Darby High School after student starts fire, fight breaks out causing lockdown
The second victim, a 37-year-old man, was shot in the wrist. Responding officers transported him to the hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
No arrests have been made, but police say a weapon was recovered from the scene.
The investigation is active and ongoing with homicide detectives.