Prosecutor: Deaths of 2 brothers-in-law found in NJ garage died from carbon monoxide poisoning
PAULSBORO, N.J. - Authorities say the deaths of two brothers-in-law found inside a New Jersey garage Tuesday morning was from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Gloucester County Prosecutors Office said the apparent accident happened at a property on East Monroe Street in Paulsboro, Gloucester County.
Family members identified the victims as Lloyd Campbell and Allen Nichols, and said the pair operated a family towing company from the property and worked as mechanics.
A customer who came to the garage on Tuesday morning found the Campbell and Nichols unresponsive and called for help, according to the family.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES
- Police: Teen killed, suspect on the run after stolen car crashes on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police looking for man after pedestrian struck, killed in hit-and-run at Frankford intersection
- Police: 3 suspects sought for punching, kicking 66-year-old man in Chinatown carjacking
Officials with the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office confirmed the men died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
People who knew the victims say the family was well known and the business was passed down several generations.
"It's just a tragic accident," Tyrone Campbell, a family member, said. "Both mechanics, hardworking men, doing this for a long time and they will be missed."
The county medical examiner's office has yet to report a cause of death.