PHILADELPHIA - A man has died after Philadelphia police say he was beaten with a rock in North Philadelphia Thursday morning.
The incident occurred shortly before noon Thursday on the 3400 block of Mascher Street.
Police say the victim, a 37-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene by responding paramedics after he was assaulted with a rock.
A man was taken into custody following the incident, and police say a weapon was not recovered.
- 14-year-old gunned down at Willingboro gas station, police say
- Suspect turns self in after violent group attack on man in Queen Village
- Mother, young child critical after being struck by car in Bucks County
- Man killed in pair of Saturday night shootings in North Philadelphia, police say
- 15-year-old dies after being shot in face while playing basketball in Nicetown-Tioga, police say