POINT BREEZE - A double shooting injures a woman and critically wounds a man in Point Breeze.
Officers responded to the 1900 block of Gerritt Street just before 8 p.m. Tuesday, on the report of a shooting.
Officials said the officers found a 32-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to the arm. She was taken by medics to Jefferson University Hospital and listed as stable.
- Man, 28, shot multiple times and killed in Castor, police say
- Police: 17-year-old girl, 18-year-old male injured in East Germantown shooting
- Philadelphia police officer shot following attack by man armed with hammer and pickaxe; suspect dead
- Man killed, pregnant woman injured in Eastwick shooting, police say
- Police: 2 arrive at hospital after shooting in West Philadelphia
Few details were provided regarding the man, only that he was critically injured by gunfire and rushed to Jefferson by medics.
Authorities say an investigation is underway. No weapons have been found and no arrest have been made.
Tips can be submitted by calling 215-686-TIPS (8477) or texting PPD TIP (773847). Tips can also be submitted anonymously online, here. All tips are confidential.
Click here to find resources for victims of violence in Philadelphia.