NEWARK, Del. - A Delaware man is facing multiple charges, including hate crimes, after authorities say he yelled racial slurs at two acquaintances on Thursday.
Police responded to the 800 block of New London Road in Newark around 4:19 p.m. for a report of a disorderly person.
After an investigation, authorities say it was determined that Gary Sweetman, 57, shouted racial slurs and obscenities at a man and woman who were in their own front yard.
- Racial slurs, beer can hurled at SEPTA bus operator by suspect, authorities say
- Mount Laurel man charged after racist rant ordered to be held for trial
- New Jersey man seen on video hurling racial slurs facing stalking, drug charges
- Man on receiving end of viral racist rant, Mount Laurel police chief speak out
- New Jersey woman facing charges after hurling racial slurs at Mount Laurel hotel clerk, police say
Sweetman was taken into custody and charged with hate crimes and two counts of harassment. Authorities say he Sweetman was also charged with harassment after a similar incident on Wednesday.
He was arraigned and released on bond.