TRENTON, N.J. - Police in Trenton are investigating the fatal shooting of a man that occurred on Monday.
The shooting happened on the 400 block of West Hanover Street just before 9 p.m.
When police arrived on the scene, they discovered the victim – identified as 43-year-old Fred Davis – suffering from a gunshot wound.
- 2 hospitalized after double stabbing in West Philadelphia, police say
- Man critical after being shot multiple times in West Philadelphia, police say
- West Philadelphia double shooting leaves man in critical condition, police say
- Man dies at hospital after being shot twice in Kensington, police say
- Man, 34, shot at least 14 times and killed in Mantua, police say
He was taken to Capital Health Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
According to authorities, an early investigation indicates that Davis was arriving home from work at the time of the shooting. Davis had reportedly parked his vehicle in front of his home when he was approached by two males who attempted to rob him.
No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Marc Masseroni of the Mercer County Homicide Task Force at (609) 989-6406.