WEST PHILADELPHIA - The bloodshed in Philadelphia continues as a 22-year-old was shot and killed late Monday afternoon in Fairmount Park.
Officials said the 22-year-old man was shot multiple times, including twice in the head. It happened a little after 4 p.m. at Belmont Avenue and Georges Hill, in West Philadelphia.
The victim was rushed to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, but succumbed to is injuries and was pronounced dead.
- Man shot multiple times and killed in West Philadelphia, police say
- Woman killed, 2 injured in North Philadelphia triple shooting
- District Attorney Larry Krasner speaks out on 'senseless, preventable violence'
- Philadelphia surpasses 400 homicides after violent weekend
- Philadelphia activists search for immediate solutions as city surpasses 400 homicides in 2021
Authorities later identified the victim as Jamel Williams.
Police are investigating a possible motive for the gunfire. No arrests have been made and no weapons have been recovered.
This follows two other fatal shootings, one on Arch Street in West Philadelphia and one in which a woman was killed and two others were injured. Officials are scrambling to find answers as the violence surges.
Tips can be submitted by calling 215-686-TIPS (8477) or texting PPD TIP (773847). Tips can also be submitted anonymously online, here. All tips are confidential.
Click here to find resources for victims of violence in Philadelphia.