KENSINGTON - A 30-year-old man is dead after a gun battle inside of a Kensington 24-hour convenience store.
The shooting happened on the 3000 block of Kensington Avenue, inside a convenience store where at least six and up to 10 people were inside shopping. The gun battle broke out early Saturday, around 2 a.m., according to officials.
Three men were captured on surveillance video, two of them shooting at another inside the store. The third man managed to escape, but collapsed about a half a block away.
- Man, 23, shot multiple times and killed in Strawberry Mansion
- Drive-by shooting leaves 1 dead, 5 wounded in Fern Rock
- Man dies after being shot inside car in Nicetown-Tioga
- Police identify man, 22, shot to death in Spring Garden
- Mantua shooting that injured 4 caught on camera, hours after deadly shooting on same block
When police found that man on the sidewalk, they rushed him to Temple University Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.
The innocent shoppers all managed to run outside without injury after the shooting started.
Police say no arrests have been made and they are combing through the surveillance video, in an effort to identify the two shooters. The investigation is ongoing.
Tips can be submitted by calling 215-686-TIPS (8477) or texting PPD TIP (773847). Tips can also be submitted anonymously online, here. All tips are confidential.
Click here to find resources for victims of violence in Philadelphia.