PHILADELPHIA - A man wanted for his role in a shooting that left one person injured in South Philadelphia has turned himself into police.
Zion Blyden, 21, is accused of shooting one man as he pursued them in his vehicle on I-95. A thorough investigation revealed that Blyden had shot at the victim's vehicle multiple times during the course of the incident.
As a result, one passenger was struck by a bullet in the chest and neck.
The 20-year-old victim was hospitalized and placed in stable condition at last check.
- 15-year-old boy shot outside school in North Philadelphia, police say
- Police: 27-year-old man shot, killed in Grays Ferry
- Woman, 28, fatally shot in West Oak Lane; man taken into custody, police said
- Police release surveillance video of drive-by shooting in Fern Rock that left 1 dead, 5 wounded
- Caught on camera: SUV explosion in Logan
At the time of the shooting, Blyden fled the scene once he realized he had shot someone.
Police have not revealed a motive for the shooting.
Blyden will faces numerous charges including attempted homicide, aggravated assault, simple assault, and recklessly endangering another person.