Philadelphia weekend shootings: 13 shot, 3 killed as gunfire erupts across the city, police say

A string of violent shootings rang out in Philadelphia this weekend, claiming the lives of two people, and injuring seven others.

A string of violent shootings rang out in Philadelphia this weekend, claiming the lives of three people, and injuring 10 others - including a 7-year-old boy.

The weekend violence began with the youngest gunshot victim - a 7-year-old boy reportedly shot while playing video games in his bedroom in Germantown Saturday night. Police say he was struck by a stray bullet, and is in stable condition.

A shooting in Southwest Philadelphia turned deadly after police say they found a man shot to death on basement steps just after midnight. Motive is unknown at this time, but police say it may have stemmed from a burglary.

Only a few minutes later, police say a man and woman were shot in Philadelphia's Frankford neighborhood. Multiple shots were reportedly fired, hitting both vicimts and leaving the 24-year-old man in critical condition. 

Another man, a 59-year-old, is in critical condition after he was struck by gunfire twice in Hunting Park.


Police say a homicide investigation is underway after a 34-year-old man was shot to death inside his car in North Philadelphia early Sunday morning. He was later identified as Theodore Bell.

Another double shooting left a father and his teenage son injured before sunrise on Sunday. The 16-year-old is in critical condition after police say he and his father were found shot on the living room floor inside a Tacony home.

In West Philadelphia, police say a 21-year-old man was shot in the thigh around 8 a.m. He was transported to a local hospital, where he is said to be in stable condition.

The violence continued Sunday afternoon as a 23-year-old man was critically injured in Wissinoming, and a Hunting Park double shooting injured a 40-year-old man and killed a 26-year-old woman. A 40-year-old man was shot four times in Tioga early Sunday evening, about 5:15. He is stable at Temple University Hospital.